Schedule conflict? Sessions will be recorded and sent to participants.
Are you using your iPad to dramatically accelerate your leadership? Join Justin Baeder to learn the most up-to-date, high-impact strategies for using the iPad in the work of school leadership. Designed especially for administrators, this workshop has helped over 500 principals around the world set up their iPads to be the ultimate productivity tool.
iPad Essentials for School Leaders
This online workshop will help you increase your effectiveness as a leader by using the iPad to support your work. You'll learn:
- How the iPad can make a difference in your day
- iPad interface basics, hidden features, and advanced techniques
- How to sync your calendar and manage your time with the iPad
- How to secure your data in the cloud and sync across all devices you use
- How to manage your most critical work on the iPad with your core apps
- How to set up the missing file system for your iPad
- How to create and use a powerful cloud-based notebook
This workshop goes beyond basic how-to help, and delves deep into the core work of instructional leaders. You'll discover:
- How to take better notes in classroom observations - with less typing
- How to create an advanced documentation and feedback workflow with forms
- How to handle your immense volume of email using your iPad
- How to use amazing apps for handling tasks & projects
- How you can use your task app for record-keeping, agendas, and more
- How the iPad can help you with coaching staff for continuous improvement
- How to present with the iPad to teach or lead professional development
This workshop will include:
- Two 90-minute live web conferences, so you can see Justin's iPad onscreen (each session will be recorded in case you can't participate live)
- Bonus how-to videos demonstrating advanced techniques
- Discussion with Justin Baeder & other participants in the group forum on The Principal Center
- Ongoing access to all course recordings and materials
Registration fee: $199
Group rate: $199 for first registrant + $99 for each additional registrant
District site license: Special pricing available - email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-861-5172.
We believe this workshop will transform your productivity as a school leader and increase your effectiveness in using the iPad to support your work. If you are not satisfied with this workshop for any reason,* let us know and we will issue a full refund.
*Note: Because we can't ensure that every computer everywhere works with our online meeting software, nor can we prevent potential issues such as power/internet outages and technical glitches, we do not guarantee that you will be able to participate live. However, we will make every effort to support you in connecting successfully (via PC, Mac, or iPad), and we will also send you the recordings afterward so you can review the entire workshop at your convenience. » Read more about our guarantee and cancellation policy
Who Should Participate?
- School administrators - principals, assistant principals, deans, interns, etc.
- Central office administrators & superintendents
- Instructional coaches, education consultants, and others who work with adults in schools
- Anyone interested in using the iPad to make their work day more productive
- Note: This training does not discuss using iPads with students or how to teach with the iPad. Please see our other workshops Launching a 1:1 Student iPad Program and iPad Essentials for Classroom Teachers, respectively.
About Justin Baeder
Justin Baeder is director of The Principal Center. A former Seattle Public Schools principal and teacher, Justin's professional mission is to improve the efficiency of schools by helping educational leaders maximize the impact of their work.
His presentations, online and at major national conventions, have helped hundreds of school administrators increase their productivity using digital as well as low-tech tools and processes.
Justin writes about principal performance and productivity at eduleadership.org and studies principal productivity at the University of Washington.
What Participants Are Saying
I found your workshop to be very informative and valuable to the work that I do as a principal. Thanks so much for offering this.—Joanne, CT Principal
I really enjoyed it and learned so much really good practical, usable information. I'm an older principal who was surprised my iPad could actually make my job easier.—Barbara, TX Principal
I was very impressed not only with your presentation style but with the time saving ideas you shared with us. It is going to take some training and work on my part, but everything made such good sense.—Bob, Executive Director, WA
We are pleased to offer $100 off of the registration fee for the 2nd and each additional member of your group paid on the same invoice.
Paying via Purchase Order
To register an individual or group via Purchase Order, use our registration form and select the Purchase Order option during checkout. We will send you an invoice via email. We do not need a copy of your PO, unless your district requires that we sign it or provide some other type of information. Please note that we do not ship any physical products, so we will not send an additional copy of the invoice to your purchasing department unless you ask us to. If you have a vendor packet for us to fill out, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 1-800-861-8239. If you need our W-9, it is available here
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: My schedule won't allow me to participate in the live web conferences. Will they be recorded?
A: Yes, all of the web conferences will be recorded and archived for later review.
Q: How long can I keep the recordings, and what format are they in?
A: The recordings are in MP4 video format, playable on virtually any device. You can keep them forever and watch them as many times as you'd like.
Q: How can I stay up to date with new apps and ways to use the iPad?
A: We maintain an active members-only forum that you'll be given access to when the workshop begins. This is where we post new material, and you can share ideas with other administrators who use the iPad.
Q: I'm pretty proficient with the iPad already. Will you include advanced techniques?
A: Absolutely - this workshop will go into significant depth, and if you have particular topics, you can request that extra attention be paid to them.
Q: I'm a complete beginner with the iPad. Will I be lost?
A: We'll start with the basics, and you'll also have a chance to get 1-on-1 help via email or our online forum. Please make sure your iPad is activated and that you can download apps before the workshop begins; contact us in advance at email@example.com if you need help.
Please make sure you understand our policies regarding cancellations and changes to your registration